For the eleventh year in a row, Intuit has ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work for in the U.S.,” competing among hundreds of companies for the honor. Intuit took the No. 19 spot.
“An 11-year run on a very influential magazine’s top places to work list is pretty amazing,” said Brad Smith, CEO. “It’s important to our business to be a company where top talent wants to work, so it’s good to see that what we’re doing is working.”
Intuit was also highlighted as one of nine “social media stars” in Fortune’s Best Companies coverage.
The field of potential competitors for the list is large. Any company that is at least seven years old with more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible. Last year, Intuit ranked No. 44.
Judges base their selections on two components: an evaluation of each company’s policies and culture, and a confidential opinion survey of randomly selected employees. Two-thirds of the total score comes from the employee survey, which is made up of questions posed by the Great Place to Work Institute in San Francisco. It includes more than 50 questions and focuses on attitudes toward management, job satisfaction and camaraderie, and was conducted last spring.
CEO Brad Smith congratulates the Intuit team on being ranked No. 19:
Where Innovation Thrives
The essay portion of the application helps bring the employee voice to life. Innovation was the theme that ran through Intuit’s application. From the innovation happening in our new employee on-boarding to the cool ideas coming out of unstructured time, there were many examples to share.
“It’s our employees’ voices that speak the loudest when it comes to sharing what Intuit’s culture of innovation is all about,” said Sherry Whiteley, senior vice president of human resources. “Having employees telling Intuit’s story in the application had a powerful impact on what we delivered.”
Meet the people behind Intuit and see the spark igniting our innovative products, how we work and have fun together, and what makes Intuit a great place to work. PC users can go to www.intuitatwork2011.com. For the iPad app, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Apple App Store through iTunes and download the “Adobe Content Viewer” to your iPad.
2. After downloading the Content Viewer, sign in to access the Intuit 2012 App using this sign in information:
(Password is all lower case)
3. After signing in you will see the “Intuit 2012” image. Click on the image to download the app to your iPad.
4. Press the download button. Similar to downloading magazines, the Intuit app download is a sizable file filled with many interactive goodies. Please allow 5-7 minutes for the app to download completely. Worth the wait!
**WHILE DOWNLOADING, KEEP YOUR IPAD ON AND NOT IN SLEEP MODE. **
5. The Intuit 2012 app should be viewed in the portrait orientation.