At Intuit, our culture thrives on employees sharing the best of themselves to make a difference in communities worldwide as part of the company’s “We Care and Give Back” value. An Intuit-sponsored program, We Care and Give Back, or WCGB supports volunteering, donations and grants that focus on the environment, education, wellness or anti-poverty efforts where we live, work and do business.
This past holiday season, Intuit employees showed their commitment to living our WCGB value by meeting the challenge to provide meaningful support to their local communities.
More than 3,000 employees across the company attended site and virtual events to learn about the We Care and Give Back and hear how they might seize opportunities to create change by giving, volunteering and sharing the best of themselves and Intuit through activities including food drives, volunteering and donation matching.
Here’s what employees accomplished:
- Intuit’s first worldwide virtual food drive collected more than 25,000 pounds of food and raised $24,000 which will provide about 150,000 meals for people worldwide. These results exceed the goal to collect 10,000 pounds of food and provide 30,000 meals.
- Employees volunteered a total of 1318 hours and raised $125,000 for charities through fundraising. The goal was to inspire employees to collectively log 1000 hours of volunteer time and to raise $25,000 for charities. These results bring the company up to 5000 volunteer hours serving 128 nonprofits for FY12 so far.
- Employees donated blood that will help save 576 lives. This brings our current total to 1482 employee donors and 4446 lives saved.
In addition, local teams were able to raise funds and collect hundreds of toys, turkeys and other gifts through toy drives, clothing and blanket donations, holiday family adoptions, senior adoptions, and employee network and WCGB events.
The Military Network partnered with a local Bay Area high school to create and send 150 holiday cards and care packages to an overseas deployed Intuit employee who then shared the cards with his troop. See photos below.
(Caption: High school students partner with the Intuit Military Network to bring holiday cheer to troops overseas.)
In November, Intuit teams participated in “Movember,” an annual worldwide event when participants grow a moustache to raise funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men. Employees in Edmonton and Mississauga raised over $15,000, and in Maidenhead, participants raised £750. Company-wide, Intuit teams and individuals raised $24,784.
Here are a few other ways teams helped their communities:
- Families supported through Salvation Army’s Adopt a Family program: 39
- Turkeys for families: 100
- Toys for Tots: 1,470 toys, 691 bikes and helmets
- Family Giving Tree wishes fulfilled through gift tag purchases: 525
- Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes for Kids: 170
Do you and your family give back during the holiday season? Share your comments below